Tuesday, April 5, 2011

...and it starts.

So she's pregnant now you say?  Wow!  Congratulations.  As simple as it may seem, many couples, sadly, cannot get to that point and it becomes a major source of distress, anxiety, and sorrow in their marriages.  If you, however, have been blessed with the good news that she is expecting, don't hesitate to jump for joy.  Yeah, that's right, stop reading this and just JUMP FOR JOY!
Now I don't care what science says about "fetus", "development", and "stages", that is YOUR baby.  As such, you have an obligation to pray daily for the physical, emotional, and spiritual growth of your baby even inside the womb.
I can honestly tell you that those nine months of my wife's first pregnancy were tough on my knees because I was on them daily and sometimes hourly.  I remember praying earnestly for God's favor over my unborn child and my wife.  I remember asking God to make him grow according to His plan.  I recall speaking to my wife's tummy as she lay in bed reading or sleeping. 
I was rather new to the "Christian thing" but I knew that I needed to pray constantly for the growth of my (soon to be) son. 
So I say to you that all blessings and cursings begin now for you who have been chosen to raise that child (or children).  Every word you speak will bring curses or blessings to your unborn child, to your spouse, and upon yourself.  Speak words of encouragement to your spouse and your unborn child.  Their little brains will develop with those words and they will live them out after they are born.
Your words have more power than you know.  Even science is beginning to acknowledge this idea.  In a profound experiment by a Japanese scientist named Masaro Emoto, it was discovered that words had an extraordinary effect on water.  They took bottles of water and divided them into groups.  In one group they spoke good and encouraging words towards the water bottles.  In another group they spoke foul words in anger tones.  Then the water was frozen and the crystals that were produced by the "good" water were beautiful and colorful, while the crystals formed by the "bad" water failed to even crystallize. 
Now if our bodies are made of up to 60% water, don't you think that words could have a profound effect on us? 
Take the time to speak words that say "I love you", "You are valuable", "You matter to me", "You give my life meaning" and other similar phrases.  Say them with love and with meaning and watch your words work miracles.  Remember God created the universe using His words so sound is the most powerful energy we have at our disposal.
As you paint your nursery, plan your baby shower, shop for baby clothes, and pick out baby furniture, remember to pray daily over your spouse and your unborn child.  Also remember to speak words of love and encouragement out loud where you, your spouse, your unborn child and the rest of your family can receive blessings from God and your heart.
Oh and don't forget to take your prenatals! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment